Accounting Administrator, Location Breda
With headquarters located in Breda (the Netherlands), our client employs about 3,000 professionals in offices around the world and on board a diverse fleet of approximately 140 vessels
The Company is active - through various subsidiaries and under different brand names - in the following business segments: livestock carriers; offshore-support vessels; offshore maintenance and engineering services; dry-cargo vessels; container vessels; product tankers; high-heat tankers; car carriers and vessel-management services.
From their Breda head office, approximately 120 staff support the Company’s activities. The Accounting Department provides support to the Company’s Management Companies and shore-based employees worldwide.
What will you do?
Under the supervision of our Accounting Manager, you form part of a team administering the accounts for several Companies. You resolve problems, process financial and accounting transactions and are responsible for the month-end closing process. Furthermore, you examine, analyse and reconcile accounting and financial records, as well as documents such as bank statements, invoices, budgets, cash-flow forecasts and loan agreements. You ensure accuracy and compliance with both local legislation and internal accounting and reporting policies and procedures. You perform additional administrative tasks, according to the needs of the team.
In this position you report to the Accounting Manager.
What to they offer?
We believe that to be an employer of choice, we need to take care of our employees. This is why, if you join our team, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- A salary in line with the market;
- A wide range of development opportunities, including a (free) training programme and a yearly personal budget that can be used for your own personal and professional development goals;
- A company restaurant, in which it is a pleasure to have lunch or conduct meetings.
Who are we looking for?
Our preferred candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics/Accounting or equivalent;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position;
- Good knowledge of financial systems;
- Key competencies: stress resistant, hands-on, analytical and problem solving, team player, accurate and planning and organisation;
- Experience in an international environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English and Dutch.
Only candidates eligible to live and work in the EU will be considered for this position.
Do you want to apply for this vacancy?
Please fill in the form below and send your resumé and / or application letter in Word or PDF.
When you fill out the form you agree with your data processing. For more information please read our Privacy Statement.
Indien je jouw gegevens aan ons verstrekt, geef je toestemming om je te benaderen over onze dienstverlening. Meer info: lees ons Privacy Statement.